Here's the thing about Ziwi Peak: it's so good that your pet most likely thinks they're getting a bowl of treats for dinner! This is definitely one of our go-to foods for picky eaters. Most pets LOVE the taste and if they eat just a little bit, you know they are getting a mouthful of super high nutrition. The jerky-like consistency is great to use as a food topper or as an entire meal. All Ziwi Peak food comes straight from, you guessed it, New Zealand! We know that might be a little confusing since we usually stick close to American-made food, but New Zealand actually carries some of the highest quality livestock in the world. In fact, a lot of the brands we carry source their lamb from New Zealand for that very reason. All of their animals are free-range, and eat only high quality organic food. They also tend to be generally healthier than animals in other areas of the world since New Zealand is virtually free of diseases like rabies; one of the many benefits of living on a remote island! Speaking of living on islands, Ziwi Peak fully utilizes both the land and sea to source their ingredients. Fresh green tripe is used to make food more palatable and support healthy digestion while green-lipped mussels add in an extra boost of natural glucosamine for joint health! Even though they only make up about 4% of what's in the actual food, it's still good to know that Ziwi is making every last ingredient count. What's the other 96%, you ask? Meat, organs, and edible bones. That's it! No grains, legumes, fillers, or nonsense. Just delicious New Zealand protein that goes through a natural air drying process to become the food your pets can't get enough of. It's the closest you can get to feeding raw without actually feeding raw! In fact, it's so close that we even suggest pet parents who exclusively feed fresh use it as a "backup" for when they're out of town and trying to make feeding as easy for the sitter are possible. Whether you're thinking of switching over completely, using it as a fresh feeding backup, or simply looking to add a little New Zealand flavor to your pet's bowl, it's always good to have a bag or can on-hand! Have you caught the bowl boosting bug? Check back with us every Wednesday to learn easy new ways to pack some extra nutrients into every meal!